Hughes & Jones Music Fund Grant
Charles L. Hughes and Alvin C. Jones founded the Hughes & Jones Music Fund in 2006 with the sole purpose of funding musical instruments for Nevada’s public schools. The goal was to make musical instruments available to students who might not otherwise be able to afford them and enable local schools to maintain the ownership for student use for years.
Approximately $100,000 for Musical Instruments per Grant Cycle
RFP Calendar Cycle:
– Rural Counties in Spring Semester of Odd Years
– Clark & Washoe Counties in Spring Semester of Even Years
2020 Proposal Information:
– $5,000 maximum per request
– 1 proposal accepted per music program
– $5,000 maximum award per school. If 2 programs submit from 1 school and both are selected to be awarded, $5,000 maximum would be divided by both programs
– for musical instruments only – not uniforms, travel, music stands, etc.
– Clark County & Washoe County public middle and high schools
– RFP Released January 10, 2020
– RFP Due 5:00 pm PST Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Grant Application Download:
The Hughes & Jones Music Fund is a component of the Nevada Community Foundation. The 2020 RFP can be downloaded on the release date at nevadacf.org.